Faith at Work: Made to Flourish
Disciples of Jesus Christ have been and are being transformed as they live under the Lordship of Christ. These disciples proclaim the gospel with their lips and their lives.
This training track will focus on the implications of worship and life specifically at the intersection of faith and work as we connect Sunday with the rest of the week. This training will:
- Raise awareness about human flourishing under the Lordship of Christ through the integration of faith and work
- Develop a theology of work to provide contextualized resources for pastors, leaders and congregations
- Illustrate this theology of work in action through testimonies
- Cultivate rich and catalytic conversations to engage churches
- Provide an opportunity for a grant to implement a strategic ministry plan integrating faith and work in the local church where you serve
This track is intended for pastors, leaders and all others who desire to live faithfully and fully where God has placed them vocationally. Although each individual session can be attended as a stand-alone session, the greatest benefit of learning and implementation keys will be gained by attending all sessions.
Session 1 – Wednesday, 10:30-Noon
Biblical/Theological (with a pastoral application focus) – Constantine Campbell, TEDS, Associate Professor of New Testament
Session 2 – Wednesday, 3:00-4:30
Pastoral Practice (with a biblical/theological grounding) – Tom Nelson, Senior Pastor, Christ Community
Session 3 – Thursday, 10:30-Noon
Implementation: Testimonies and Kern Grants – Gary Hoag, Generosity Monk
Donald Guthrie, M/C Facilitator, TEDS, Director of the PhD (Educational Studies), Professor of Educational Ministries and The Jeanette L. Hsieh Chair of Educational Leadership
Please plan to join us for this wonderfully rich time of learning!